TAKE CARE OF YOUR BLINDSPOT (EPISODE TWO)



I was reading a book sometimes ago and stumbled on a part that stroke a cord in my heart to work upon (deficiency); but instead of taking note of it for myself first, I gave in to a thought of the heart; “I wish XYZ could be here to read these lines for herself, and stop rubbing us with mess for God’s sake!”


I snapped back to reality when the Holy Spirit asked, “how about you?” Those three words made me repent quickly, noted the lesson in my jotter and worked towards it until it was no longer found in me.


Now, there is a very important lesson to learn here; when next there is something you need to work on, don’t start to think about your next door neighbour.


That’s the bedrock for hypocrisy, correcting what you do in another person and trying to remove the speck in your neighbour’s eyes, when you’ve got a log in yours! Matthew 7:5


Moreover, inherent in our human nature is the ability to repel contrary opinions, but do well to take care of your blind spot when your attention is called to it. Oga! Swallow your pride; you cannot afford to be a time bomb and a package of destruction.


I had done stuff I didn't know I had tendencies for, and would, like Peter, deny some of those things if I was ever told they could cross my mind, not to talk of carrying them out; but situations happened and I messed up. Matthew 26:35; 69-75


But in all, I learnt my lessons and forgot the details. After all, it's about becoming a better person. However, some of these revealed flaws made me pursue after emotional intelligence and human resource management.


You think you’ve gone so far and don’t know how to redeem your image anymore? I had done some annoying, nasty and immature things too, so no one is a superstar here.



Your flaws and faults (blind spot) should not make you grovel, but make sure to turn them into positive boosters to become a better you on a daily basis! What did you learn? Let me know in the comment session.

©Aanuoluwapo Clement


√Setting the Pace√